Data Feed Handler/Teletext Page Formatter (DFH/TPF)
- Fully Automate data gathering for teletext services
- Generate real-time information services with no editorial effort
- Manage and configure all feeds with an easy-to-use user interface
- Process XML and many common delimited file formats
- Capture RSS and website text content automatically
- Format text automatically for target teletext pages
The Data Feed Handler accepts multiple feeds of data input from sources such as serial feeds, text files and XML files and stores the text in a local database. The Teletext Page Formatter then generates teletext formatted pages derived from this data and sends them to a host PLASMA or teletext data generator.
Teletext Page FormatterThe Teletext Page Formatter uses the concept of template pages to describe how the database fields are formatted on the page. Each template contains a fixed area of information (such as template header, content and advertising area) together with an area containing placeholders for the content derived from the appropriate data feed.
Programming of the DFH/TPF can initially be carried out by Screen engineers, however training can be provided to customers wishing to have the flexibility to carry out the programming themselves.